Monday 4 July 2011

My first post!

Welcome to the Legal Crafter! I am a lawyer/crafter living in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I live with my husband and our chihuahua, Inuk. I have always looked for creative ways to exercise my more artistic side, since law does not seem to be an appropriate outlet! I have been scrapbooking for a number of years, and I picked up knitting a couple years ago. I have also always loved to bake and I have been attempting to teach myself to decorate cakes. I recently got a Cricut, which has inadvertantly pushed me towards card-making! Since I rarely have large chunks of time anymore to work on large projects, I have found that card-making is a great way to scratch that artistic itch and harness that sense of accomplishment that comes from finishing a project without spending a ton of time on it!

For my first post, I decided to enter my first Cricut Challenge on Cricut Cardz Challenge. The challenge was to make a card with a cook-out or picnic theme using any colours or cartridges I wished. Since it is July 4th, it seemed only appropriate that I make a card for Independence Day, even though I am not American! So, to all my American friends and family out there, Happy July 4th!


I used the Simply Charmed Cricut Cartridge for the hamburger and hot dog and I used the Don Juan cartridge for the lettering. Happy Independence Day!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard to the crafting world, first post and I am your first follower! You did a great job on your card, looking forward to seeing more, thanks so much for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome aboard!!! love ur card

    ReplyDelete